SPORTS- CUSTOM MOUTH GUARDS
Dr. Steve Ballis could make you a custom mouth guard to prevent oral injuries during sports. All of our mouth guards follow the guidelines set fourth by The Academy of Sports Dentistry.
Why have a Custom Fitted Mouth Guard :
- Custom Fit is vital for protection at the time of impact
- Better retention
- Contoured for better comfort, breathing and speaking
- Lamination increases protection
- FDA approved Latex Free materials
- Laminated under pressure and heat for the best retention and highest protection
- Choice of colors and logos
- Provides competitive edge to perform with confidence
Society spends more money on sports shoes than on mouth protection. An ill-fitted shoe could fall off, so could an ill-fitted mouthguard. Think of the guard as the helmet of your mouth.
MOUTH GUARD FACTS:
- Oral injuries are the most common type of facial injuries sustained during sports.
- Boil and Bite mouthguard material is displaced and thinned out thus decreasing the
- thickness between the teeth and the material.
- Athletes are over 50% more likely to damage their teeth when not wearing a properly fitted mouthguard.
- The cost of a custom guard is much less than of a broken tooth.
- A properly fitted mouthguard will reduce the chances of injury and of sustaining a concussion from a hit to the lower jaw.